HELP SOON! iTouch will respond at all!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Mr. Nagy, Sep 30, 2009.

1. Mr. Nagy

Mr. Nagy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Okay, I was jailbreaking my friends 2 gen iTouch about ten minutes ago using redsn0w 0.8 and it all was going good (I have been jailbroken 5 previous itouchs before this one) and it showed the "running pineapple" thing and suddenly turned off and will not respond to anything.
    I've tried forcing it into restore mode, I figured it was just in DFU mode so I tried to get it out and nothing happened except a notification popped up on my windows taskbar that said "USB Device Not Recognized." I have to idea what could have happened. I'm not new to itouch/iphone jailbreaking. I usually figure stuff out by looking online, but I have had no luck.

If anyone has any ideas, please help me. I need this done tonight!

Thanks.
  2. KerrWasHere

KerrWasHere Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    you really shouldnt jailbreak other peoples idevices, if you dont know what you are doing, if the ipod turned off, you should have waited 30min to see if it was just restoring, then plugged it up to the pc/mac to see if it was detected,

i have no idea what would happen if you put an ipod in DFU mode while it was rebooting after a jailbreak
  3. Mr. Nagy

Mr. Nagy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    As I stated in the opening post, I'm not new to itouch/iphone jailbreaking. I have done this numerous times.
    I waited ten minutes for the itouch to respond after I saw the screen go blank.
    It may be due to the fact that the owner of this itouch has left it out in the sun too long, resulting in screen damage.
    And fyi, I unplugged the itouch before I tried the DFU, Forced Restore, etc.