[Help]: Something is happening to my iPod Touch. Help!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by fadethreeblack, Mar 11, 2009.

1. fadethreeblack

fadethreeblack New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok, so I was trying to get WinterBoard from the internet VIA my comp to work on my ipod and one of the directions told me to delete something called com.apple.mobile.installation. Now my ipod just stays at the apple logo boot. I thought i could just undo what I did. It still does the same thing. When I opened itunes, itunes recognized the ipod and said something like it couldnt read or write on the disk. I cant reformat it now, because whenever I try to shut it off and go into DFU mode, right after it shuts off it goes automatically back into the boot screen.

Help please! Idk whats going on.
  2. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

SWoD.

and it seems like you arent going into DFU mode properly. use your computer clock to help with the timing, and i guarantee you that you will get it right.
  3. flips30240

flips30240 New Member

you did one of the few things that actually do brick an ipod touch. (correct me if im wrong) when you brick an ipod touch you take all the software, or in your case a piece o the software, off the ipod. without software the ipod doesnt know what to do. like communicate with itunes or boot. (again please correct me if im wrong, i dont want to mislead him)
  4. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

oh, i never paid atention that he had deleted the mobile installation file. dude, its bricked. but no worries, a good DFU mode should solve the trick. well, at least it isnt so serious if you had deleted something else in the root.
  5. flips30240

flips30240 New Member

there was a post on this same thing except the person in the other post deleted something more important by accident, i forget what it was, but in the end he found a program to access all the files on the ipod touch via usb. so if all fails i might be able to find that forum and find the program
  6. fadethreeblack

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    idk how, but there was like 30 seconds where iphonebrowser was able to view/edit the folders in the ipod so I quickly put it back and restarted the ipod. took a lil' bit to load, but it came back up. THAT SCARED ME SOO MUCH
  7. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

so is it working now?
  8. fadethreeblack

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yeah, but im not even touching it (computer wise) unless I can get my hands on some wifi every once in a while. I have a TON of themes on my comp., still waiting for WinterBoard tho.