Help! Some keys on the iPod touch's keyboard aren't working + more

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Knuckles500, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Knuckles500

Knuckles500 New Member

Hello. Back on May 23rd I bought an iPod Touch with firmware 1.1.4 from Best Buy, and was working as it should until I upgraded to a jailbroken firmware 2.0.0. As soon as I upgraded to the new firmware, the keyboard worked fine for a small amount of time (not even a minute) and then some of the keys started not to work when touched (specifically the M/N, K, and I keys). The slider for confirming on/off works fine until I drag it to a specific spot around the end. It moves smoothly until you drag it 2/3 around the end - which instantly moves to the end. This is not really a problem, what is though is the volume control. The volume control is now acting the same way the slider is. It works fine around the left, but 2/3 on the far right of the volume slider it skips to the end. When I try to move it back to the left, I have to quickly slide my finger to the left in order to get out of the stuck spot.

I upgraded to 2.0.1 (not jailbroken) and still have the same problems. I then tried to do a complete restore over a dozen times and still doesn't fix the problem. Right now I'm trying to get 2.0.1 jailbroken just incase there are any homebrew apps that could help (but I keep getting error 6 - which is stupid because I know that I pwned it and I also know that I'm in DFU mode because I could downgrade from 2.0.1 to 2.0.0, but not go from 2.0.1 retail to 2.0.1 custom).

Please help me. Thank you!

EDIT1: Updated to 2.0.1 finally and I didn't see anything that could fix my problem

EDIT2: 2.0.2 came out, updated, still didn't fix my problem.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. simoneous

simoneous New Member

My only thoughts are that maybe parts of the touch screen are defective. Returning it to Best Buy may be the best option.

Unless the Keyboard 'application/function' is corrupted and if there is a possible way to 'return to factory defaults'?

If the same areas do not work for anything else; any other apps, etc. than the touch screen may be defective.

Hope this helps!
  3. suzie

suzie New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i have the same problem!!!!!!!!!!