Help! Sleep Button Super Sensitive!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by aznkillerr, Aug 22, 2008.

1. aznkillerr

aznkillerr New Member

My sleep button on my touch is super sensitive. You know that click when you press it? Well I don't have that anymore and my touch is constantly trying to turn itself on when it's off (it turns on but during that it turns off). When it's on and I just touch the sleep button, it will go to sleep and about 3 seconds later, the touch is going to ask me to slide to turn off. Oh and the button is really sensitive, it's just like tapping the touch screen.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Will Apple cover this?
  2. miketastic

miketastic New Member

Have you jailbroken?
  3. aznkillerr

aznkillerr New Member

Yes I have jailbroken it, but can't I restore it?

Does jailbreaking it affect my sleep button?
  4. MaskedMagi

MaskedMagi New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I had the exact same problem, then after a while my ipod froze on the boot up apple logo and was stuck there forever. After having plugged it in to my pc, it worked again, and the sleep button problem was gone. I believe that the problem is not mechanical and has something to do with jailbreaking. Try restoring your ipod and see if that helps, although is annoying to do again.
  5. aznkillerr

aznkillerr New Member

I tried that, didn't work. Can I do something about it if I visit an Apple store?
  6. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Probably your best bet, just make sure to restore first.
  7. Harry Paratestes

Harry Paratestes New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I also had the exact same problem. Nothing I woud do would fix it. Long and short I restored it in DFU mode to original 2.0 firmware and sent it in to apple. Apple determined that it was indeed a hardware malfunction. But here is where it goes south.......After 2 weeks my new Ipod arrived. I charged it up and got ready to Winpwn it and much to my dismay the wake/sleep switch was not functional at all. It simply did not work. Then all my same symptoms started up. This was supposedly a new ipod. It had a new serial number, but the same problems! I ended up going back to costco and demanding that they either give my my money back or a brand new ipod off the shelf. I went to get a new ipod and they had no more 32 GB models with no plans to order more. They told me that the next town from where I lived had 2. I got in the car and drove the 40 miles to get my new ipod. Once I arrived they have plenty of boxes in stock. I stand in line and pay for it......the guy comes back and says sorry it appears we sold the last two 32 gb ipods in the time it took me to drive 40 miles....BS! So now I am stuck with a 16 GB and $110 credit on a Costco gift card. I just have to hope they get some 32 gb in before my 90 day return is up.
  8. jojoo

jojoo New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i have this problem too but i have the original software can any one help me
  9. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Please don't bump year old threads.