Help Skinning MobileMusicPlayer.app Title/Status Bars

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by Doomanix, Feb 28, 2010.

1. Doomanix

Doomanix New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I came across an old theme called Rainbow Music Player and i am wondering how they were able to skin the title and status bar at the top of MobileMusicPlayer.app. All the themes i have had before when starting up the colour of the status/title bars would just disappear Here are some pictures of what i mean

Please Register or Log in to view images

Tis Is The Normal Music Player With No Themes Applyed and you can see how the status/title bars are normal blue on the top and grey on the botom

In this one you can see how the status/title bars are now red and purple. My question is how can i change those to create my own theme or if someone could create a Green theme it would be greatly appreciated.

2. Theodosius

Theodosius Active Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    If you downloaded the theme, then just edit the icons to the ones you want.
  3. xxhorseriderxxx

xxhorseriderxxx Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    It's been a long time since I've made a theme, but I'm pretty sure the top bar is called "UINavigationBarMiniDefaultBackground". Just to let you know, that bar is a system UI image; that means that anywhere that image is called it'll show up. This includes any App Store/Cydia/Default app. The unfortunate part about this is that the top bar you use for the music player must also be designed to work system wide in other apps. The image is also designed to tile horizontally; that means that whatever image you use, will be repeated by the ipod to fill the top bar (a space of 320px, or better known as the principal width of the iPhone OS devices). If you'd like to use an image, like a banner perhaps, make your themed image 320px wide.

Just understand that sometimes firmware releases change the name of these UI images; 3.1.X made changes to the 3.X UI images that forced theme developers to tweak the names of certain images to make their theme display properly.

PS: The themed image goes into the "UIImages" folder (case sensitive) in the theme folder for winterboard.