[HELP] Setting up an ad-hoc network for iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Ex-Touch, Nov 14, 2009.

1. Ex-Touch

Ex-Touch New Member

Okay, none of these threads help for me because I have (1) a desktop computer, and (2) I have a wireless adapter for the network. I am running my local area connection from an RCN Modem. My wireless adapter is a TrendNET TEW-424UB 54MBs Wireless Adapter. These are the settings I have set up for my network.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I am asking anyone with any information to help. I have my Local Area Connection shared, but there is no connection being broadcasted. Thanks for the support!
  2. nickswitz

nickswitz New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Try doing it manually...
  3. BajanSurfer

BajanSurfer New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    yeah screw the trendnet utility, uninstall it completely, just dont uninstall the drivers.

then go to your network settings and add a wireless ad-hoc network and make sure you turn on internet sharing.
  4. Ex-Touch

Ex-Touch New Member

Okay. I have the network running right now. However, I'm only getting entries for IP Address and Subnet Mask and I'm not able to browse with Internet on my iPod. I am connected, however.
  5. BajanSurfer

BajanSurfer New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    did you enable internet connection sharing? what OS are you running?
  6. Ex-Touch

Ex-Touch New Member

Okay. Let me give you all the details.

I have managed to set up an Ad-Hoc network called 'iPod' and am connected on the iPod. I have disabled the firewall on the Adapter, but left it on the modem. (I'm running a cable modem) Internet Sharing is enabled on Local Area Connection 3. (LAC: Connected, Shared, Firewalled Adapter: Connected) Now, I open status up, and it says that the Adapter is sending thousands of packets, but has only received 2. The IP address labeled is 169.254.204.218, Subnet 255.255.0.0 and 169.254.61.23, Subnet 255.255.0.0 on my iPod. There is no default gateway listed. My adapter is connected successfully to the Ad-Hoc network I created earlier. ('iPod') I am wondering if I should try setting up a static IP through Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) Properties. I'm getting close. Just need a little extra help.

Oh, I'm running Windows XP Professional 32-Bit.
  7. Ex-Touch

Ex-Touch New Member

Still not able to get it. I don't know what happened. It used to always work before.