Help seperating music between 2 ipods

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by serkon, Feb 1, 2009.

1. serkon

serkon New Member

i have a ipod touch 2nd gen 8G and my mom has a iphone and we both use the same itunes program but we dont want each others music...how do i sync the music sepratly without deleteing any of my music or hers?
  2. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    In iTunes, when you plug in your iPod, check the box that says "Manually Manage Music and Videos"

Then you can drag the songs you want to your iPod.
  3. CryoSniper

CryoSniper New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    What I do is make separate playlists and just set up my iPod to sync with just a certain playlist. Go to your iPod, music, click sync music, then put a check on the playlist you wanna sync with. Do that for both iPods and you'll never have to worry again.
  4. Matt-09

Matt-09 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yep, you have two options really. Manual or Sync Selection.

Manual means music can be dragged onto the devices, and doesn't need to be kept onto the PC.

Sync Selection means you can create a playlist in iTunes of music that IS stored on your PC, and in your iTunes Library, and sync each one to each device, for example "Jean's iPhone" and "Mike's Touch".
  5. ipodnanoinian

ipodnanoinian Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    the best way in my opinion is make a folder. withing that folder create playlists and synch the one ipod to the other and vice versa and make it so it only syncs that folder
  6. Stryf3

Stryf3 New Member

You can create a new user profile in windows for your mom and only sync her ipod in that profile. That way you can each have your own songs and playlists, but if you share SOME of the same songs, you can have individualized ratings.

You will have, in essence, to separate itunes libraries.