Help restoring my iPod!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by sommer07, Apr 7, 2009.

1. sommer07

sommer07 New Member

The jailbreak didnt work for me so i then tried to restore my iPod and i get an error everytime please help! i used the one at http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155816 unofficialsn0w 2.0 for Windows.

Please help i paid alot for it and i dont want to lose it!

Note : yes it is in recovery mode and i've done all at the above guide. Or w8 :S Should the red things at the guid be done? :S Since it confused me :S

It sais Ipod cannot be restored. It occured a unknown error (1604)
  2. G8D

G8D New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Forget about restoring back to official, you may as well get jailbroken if you have gotten this far.
    Stop doing anything. Don't try to fix your iPod, and trust me you will not loose it, it's always fixable if you know how.

Download redTool from the stickies and follow it EXACTLY, this will fix your problem and leave you with a fully jailbroken iPod touch

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. sommer07

sommer07 New Member

4. mgiljum

mgiljum New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    There IS a difference between recovery mode and DFU mode - make sure you know that difference before trying to restore. You have to be in DFU mode in order to restore/patch/jailbreak.

G8D is right, you can still be jailbroken it will just take careful steps. Either use redTool like he said, or use QuickFreedom...it's a little more user friendly. The link's in my sig.
  5. sommer07

sommer07 New Member

Thanks everyone im trying in this sec. ITS LOADING YAYAYAY LAV YA ALL!

This may be edited cus i aint done yet :O
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    No need to edit it worked worked worked!!!

Please Register or Log in to view images