iOS 3.1 Help restoring IPT3 32 gb to 3.1.2 (already on 3.1.2)

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Vince87, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Vince87

Vince87 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hi guys!

I went through loads of threads trying to find a solution but I couldnt so I decided to start a thread to ask as last resort before doing something stupid (upgrading to 3.1.3). My ipod touch 3g 32gb (JB with Blackra1n on 3.1.2) started acting stupid this week. At first it would lag when choosing at track in the ipod app (like start the track after a 15 sec freeze when clicking on it), yesterday the wifi died so I tried to do a restore.

I knew I had to stay on 3.1.2 so I tried restoring with the 3.1.2 firmware which didnt work since it couldnt be verified on apple server (I didnt knew that was a problem since feb, I realized while reading other threads). I tried restoring it to factory default ON THE IPOD and now I'm stuck in recovery mode (I know that was dumb). I saved my SHSH on Cydia but since restore didnt work when I modded my host file, I realized that I might have saved it BEFORE IT WAS EXCHANGED in an applestore (had dust under glass).

So basically now I'm stuck in recovery mode, with no SHSH saved on Saurik server... Is there's something I can do or my last option is to restore to 3.1.3 and wait for Greenp0ison in june?

Thanks for help!
    Vince
  2. Obbi

Obbi Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    there are speculations that ipt 3G unthetered JB by GeoHot might come at april 2nd (most likely a joke, but who knows...)
  3. Vince87

Vince87 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I know I've seen that but I dont want to rely on speculations... I'd like to have my ipod working again ASAP buI dont want to be loosing the jailbreak and undefinite period..
  4. Obbi

Obbi Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    that speculation is Bullsh*t