Help Restoring iPod...

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by sheo, Feb 3, 2009.

1. sheo

sheo Member

Ok well basically after trying to do the Jailbreak, I used a patchedFW.ipsw my friend made for me, and it didn't restore with that very IPSW. I want to restore my iPod and I just keep getting errors. Things I did:
    -Downloaded 2.2 firmware (iPod Touch 2G current firmware)

-Noticed that I am in Recovery Mode->Tried restoring to 2.2 in iTunes = Error(6) or the "Preparing iPod for restore" & the Apple symbol(in the iPod) hangs.

-Tried iRecovery 'fsboot' command'
    Omg I need help... either fix this or I am going to try and replace my iPod Touch 2G with the Apple Store (Downtown SF)

Also, how do I go on DFU mode while I am at recovery mode?

I am running Windows XP SP2 32 bit (x84)
  2. Xii

Xii New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Before restoring to the patched firmware, run iRecovery -f iBSS211.dfu

You screen should turn white, if it doesn't, unplug and wait 10 seconds to plug again.
    Then run these commands.(hitting enter after each)

Finally, try restoring to the patch firmware.
  3. t3heford

t3heford New Member

if that doesn't work, put the iPod in DFU mode, connect to iTunes, hold alt when clicking restore and then restore to the 2.2.1 ipod update .ipsw file (google to download)
    It worked for me
  4. sheo

sheo Member

I used the GUI Jailbreak Tutorial, I don't have a patchedFW( Keeps saying error:Could Not Load IPSW[Made a topic about it...]) My friend gave it to me and it doesn't work... So I gave up on the Jailbreak and decided to restore. Can anyone post a mini tutorial about how to put an iPod Touch in DFU mode when it's stuck at Recovery mode? Everytime I hook up my iPod Touch to my computer, even when it's off, the Apple symbol shows and then quickly goes into recovery mode, without me manually turning it on...

EDIT: I just restored my iPod on my brother's account. Thanks everyone for helping. I guess there's a problem with my USB ports...