Help restoring iPod Touch 2G after failed jailbreaks

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by h0ffman, Mar 14, 2009.

1. h0ffman

h0ffman New Member

Hi All

I hope someone can help. I attempted the tethered jailbreak method a couple of weeks back on my iPod Touch 2G and now I'm unable to restore it back to factory settings. Basically, I tried one of the methods and the end result was it wouldn't switch back on. So I tried the other method and same thing, however now it wont restore. I can get the iPod into DFU mode and iTunes says "you need to restore your iPod". I click restore and it says "There is no software available for your iPod, please ensure your iTunes is up to date". So I updated to iTunes 8.1 and still the same issue. I even tried selecting the 2.2.1 firmware and force restoring it, and even the 2.1.1 but still no go. When I do the forced restore, it starts going through the motions "preapring ipod for software recovery", get to the end of that, then doesn't recognise the iPod and promptly stops the update process.

Is there something I can do to sort this out, maybe using iRecovery or similar?

Any help would be ace.

Cheers
  2. RoYaLx

RoYaLx Member

Device:
    HTC One
  3. h0ffman

h0ffman New Member

I tried that and it still wasn't working. Funnily enough, I did the new JailBreak on my broken iPod touch, and it fixed it!!
  4. Sean the Pirate

Sean the Pirate New Member

Hold both the power and the home buttons for 20 seconds.
  5. Sunka

Sunka New Member

• Flaming and/or trolling

serriosuly hhow the f*** can u fail at jailbreaking ? lol. if fail at jailbreaking you shoulnt do it =) even a 10 years old boy can mange it.

and serrusly i should not type this cuz i can't spell :<