Help Required - iPhone 2G Scratch Problem

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DRAGOLIZER, Jul 21, 2008.

1. DRAGOLIZER

DRAGOLIZER New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I have a small problem which I need solving. I want to get rid of a scratch from my iPhone 2G at the back. It is not the chrome Apple logo but the actual main metal back part of the phone. I have tried many products and searched the Internet. There have been no answers as most seem to be for the chrome and screen. (Which has been frustrating!) I don't want to try any products that you have to buy online or any that are not available in the shops. I am willing to buy BRASSO but I am worried that the scratch will be made worse or make the phone itself worse. Also, which is better, the original BRASSO or the liquid BRASSO?

Please help me as the scratch on my phone just makes me hate using my iPhone and want me to buy a new iPhone and desperately wants me to get rid of the scratch once and for all. I have looked after the phone pretty well in my great silicon case. The time without the case on was very annoying and made me angry.

Thank you for any help given at all! - DRAGOLIZER

Please Register or Log in to view images

(By the way, I reside in the UK, England and I am a teenager - Meaning I have some pocket money.)
  2. sucram6791

sucram6791 New Member

3. EmeraldICE

EmeraldICE New Member

Buy an iPhone 3G.

Don't use brasso, I tried it on my iPod 4G and it totally tore up the back.
    Idk, maybe you'll have better luck, but it sucked when I used it.
  4. mikesgroove

mikesgroove New Member

Brasso worked fine for me. It does "scratch" up the back, that's actually the point of all polishes. You just have to literally rub it in forever.

Liquid Brasso will work to take out light scratches. If it's too deep, it won't totally fix it. Basically what your doing is sanding down the surface around the scratch, but for extreme gouges it won't really help. I've used brasso on my 2G and I've never had any problems. Be sure not to get it into any of the openings. I used 2 clothes- one to apply and another clean one to buff. Also be sure to use a cloth that won't scratch your iPhone.
  5. DRAGOLIZER

DRAGOLIZER New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Thanks mikesgroove!

I would like to thank mikesgroove for what you have suggested. I will try it. But keep the replies coming if his method does not work and then I need to turn to alternatives! (By the way, the scratch is light that you can't even feel it with your eyes closed if it was a game to search where the scratch is! It's just the scratch is visible.)

6. mikesgroove

mikesgroove New Member

sounds like you have a good shot at getting it out!