Help Req

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dhruvt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. dhruvt

dhruvt New Member

Hi i was inatalling customize app on my touch but when i launch it . It gets stuck at the home screen showing the chicken and website and then crashes out.. help..
  2. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Which version are you trying to install? Are you trying to install manually? Please, more information is required.
  3. dhruvt

dhruvt New Member

hey i installed the customize from the installer .. then copied the customize manually for the ipod edition it crashes again an again
  4. SkylarEC

That's because the manual version is obsolete, as it is based off of a VERY outdated version of Customize. If you really want to use a non current version of Customize that is missing MANY features that the new version has, then just keep trying to open up the current application you have on your iPod. Don't forget to SSH in and change the permissions on the file to 755 before you do though. Note, it can take several dozen tries for the Application to actually open.

My advice, in Installer, uninstall then reinstall Customize. The new version opens first time and is almost fully compatible with the touch. For complete functionality, download the patch I have up in the iPodTouchFans Repository ( http://www.touchrepo.com/repo.xml (add that to your sources if you don't have ti already)) called iPod Customize Fix. It has been updated to work very well with the latest version of Customize.
  5. bk83

bk83 New Member

ok check out ipodtouchmaster.com it sounds really weird but if you open up customize and when the chicken screen comes up just tap on the screen with your fingers fast and a lot just anywhere on the screen and it should load up. if it doesnt then reset your ipod and try it again. i had the same problem and this worked for me. also make sure the permissions are set to 755
  6. SkylarEC

That's just superstition. The fact is that that image with the Chicken on it is simply the Default.png: the image that SpringBoard puts up while it's waiting for an application to load. All apps have one.