Help!replacing ipod

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by birdman472, Aug 21, 2008.

1. birdman472

birdman472 Guest

my ipod fell in the water and now it is messed, it works almost perfectly, except the touchscreen doesnt sense touches anymore and my computer(PC) won t detect it/says it malfunctioned so i cant restore it, plus i have the custom boot and restore logos so its fairly obvious thats its JB'd.

Any suggestions on how i can get it replaced?

p.s.-when the ipood got wet the litmus paper wasnt changed s as far as apple knows its just an ordinary ipod
  2. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Force it into DFU mode, this is typically the way all iPods come. Then bring it to Apple. There will be no traces of the jailbreak.

Directions in forcing it into DFU mode are here: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2790

Hope this helps
  3. fyvel

fyvel Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    well apple wont take it because the water damage.... but if it was stolen..... ;-)
  4. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    no, not DFU, thats not how it came.

plus you can just get out of DFU by restarting.

you go to settings, then general, then reset, then erase all content and settings
  5. birdman472

birdman472 Guest

but if i put it int dfu mode wont i not be able to put any firmware on it. so would i be able to say sumthing like "i was trying to downgrade and it just flashed and then was unresponsive, or sumthing like that"
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    because of the unresponsive touch screen, i find it hard to pass the "slide to unlock screen"

but i didbt think u could get out of dfu by restrting, can u?
  6. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    delete the /bin folder, or something like that, so that the ipod cant start, itll get to the boot logo but wont start up
  7. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

He has a custom boot logo.

Try deleting EVERYTHING. Like CTRL + A in the root directory and delete it all. That should do.
  8. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    no because then they could think he just broke something or the battery is dead.
  9. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Well, you can't replace the battery.

Trust me; when it doesn't boot and the litmus paper is white, after about 20 minutes of fooling around, they hand you a new iPod. Worked before when I dropped it in a puddle and then put alcohol in the headphone jack. It didn't start up, and the first thing they did was check the litmus paper, then plugged it in, then tried to DFU it, and then threw it away and gave me a new box.
  10. armoman92

armoman92 New Member

they tried to dfu it, i took my ipod to the aplle store when i thought it was bricked (wouldn,t turn on) nad they tried everything but DFU. They just gave up and ordered me a new ipod. I went home and put it into dfu mode and fixed it. Dumb geniuses.