Help removing source

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by rodz91, Dec 20, 2007.

1. rodz91

rodz91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I have installed a source app called "Bigboss's community sources" v1.0. When I try to un-install it just says "general error" or something along thosee lines. Is there any chance to manually remove the source from the installer list?

Thanks.
  2. touchthisipod

touchthisipod New Member

use WinSCP.
    login and go to root/var/applications/
    and find bigboss, and just delete it, that's it
  3. Hoops

Hoops New Member

How can i access on those folders ?
  4. rodz91

rodz91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    But there is no "Bigboss" app folder

The app is called "Bigboss's Community Sources 1.0", and the error I get when I hit uninstall is "Error: Main script execution failed!".

I can't find an app called Bigboss on the app folder, I'm guessing it's just there symbolically in some place of the installer app, but I'd like to know how to remove it.
  5. mattydub

mattydub New Member

The big boss community sources is just that, a list of sources. This is why you do not see an icon on your ipod, it is simply adding more sources for you to download apps from...
  6. rodz91

rodz91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    But I DO see an icon on my iPod, in the un-install list, and I want it gone.

I know what a source is, I already have the list of sources added by the "package" in my source list, but for the sake of neatness I'd like to be able to manually remove that "package". Just the package from the un-installer list, not the sources added, I KNOW how to remove those.
  7. mattydub

mattydub New Member

well, that is not an icon first of all.... and if you want to keep the sources then what diff does it make if it is listed in your "un-install" list??
    Do I sense a little OCD??? LOL
  8. rodz91

rodz91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Whether I wish to keep the sources or not is irrelevant. I have simply found a faulty source/app w/e that I wish to get rid of. Is it really that complicated to understand?

Unless you have something constructive to say, as in, a solution, then you aren't really helping me.
  9. mattydub

mattydub New Member

well, first of all, you didnt find any "faulty source/app" it did exactly what it was designed to do, which is add other sources....
    If you want something constructive, I would say read up on what you are installing before installing it...

On another note, you could try going to sources in installer, edit and remove the big boss source or sources that were installed using this "faulty source/app"
  10. rodz91

rodz91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I KNOW how to remove the sources from the source tab. That is completely irrelevant to my problem.

The reason why I say the app is faulty is because the uninstall feature is "broken", it is listed in the un-install list and when I press un-install it won't work, whereas other sources (Ie. the Community Sources) WILL un-install properly.

You clearly fail to understand what my problem is.

I merely need help removing a source installer from the un-install page, seeing as the un-installer part of the source installer is broken. Seeing as this is such a difficult to grasp concept, I've gotten some pictures:

Please Register or Log in to view images

Please Register or Log in to view images

That's what I go to "un-install" when I get an error message, which I am unable to screenshot, but I already posted the text in a previous post.

I simply don't know how to be clearer.