Help - Removing item from springboard?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by SlimMan, Oct 8, 2008.

1. SlimMan

SlimMan New Member

Hi,

First let me say I am not sure if this is the right area for my post or not, if it's isn't please forgive me as I never really seen a help section of sorts.?

I just got my ipod touch (gen1) yesterday (Oct. 7th 08) and being the n00b I am I looked around and find quite a lot of things for jailbreaking / pwning / upgrading and etc.... well since my iPod came with 1.1.5 FW installed and I was learning, I found a link to this site with instructions on what to do (http://www.ziphone.org/) the site allows you to download and use ZiPhone.

Well since then I found this site (iPodTouchFans), and some others with decent instructions on how to do what I was wanting to do (upg FW to 2.1.x, w/JB). Well even though I have been able to upg and jb my ipod, I still have the ZiPhone icon on my Springboard(? main app launch area). No matter what I use to restore the ipod that icon that links to his site doesn't go away.

I went to his site looking for help but wasn't successful so I came here hoping to get some help on how to remove this (shortcut) icon from my ipod.

Thanks for your time and help,
    Slim!
  2. adihubba

adihubba New Member

There is an app which name is "Poof". With this you can hide icons on the springboard.
    If you have install BossPrefs on FW 2.1, this app include Poof.
    I hope it could help you.
  3. SlimMan

SlimMan New Member

adihubba, thanks for the reply. I do recall seeing that on my ipod some where, however I would really rather "remove" the thing instead of just hiding it, you know what I mean?

Please Register or Log in to view images

Slim!
  4. juliust71

juliust71 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i think, that is a webclip so through ssh you can erase it it should be in /var/mobile/library/webclips, so look there

but also holding your finger on any icon they'll start wiggling and an x will appear on the Ziphone icon so you can erase it that way too
  5. adihubba

adihubba New Member

ok,
    maybe you can uninstall it with cydia or installer? i dont know if it is there....
  6. SlimMan

SlimMan New Member

Thank you so much! As I am not setup / know how to use ssh atm... I was able to use the wiggling and delete it.

thanks all for the help.

Slim!