iOS 4.0 Help regarding SpringBoard Crashing and MyWi 4.0

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by krillnasty, Sep 21, 2010.

1. krillnasty

krillnasty New Member

Hello everyone! New to the forums here, unfortunately because I really do need help!

I've been using springboard as well as many other cydia apps with no issues whatsoever. Recently, I installed MyWi 4. Once it was installed, my phone started booting into safe mode, telling me springboard had crashed. This happened repeatedly.

I realized too late that I was able to uninstall MyWi through Cydia, and instead deleted the app through OpenSSH. However, I am still receiving the springboard crash/safe mode errors, and when I attempt to delete or reinstall MyWi through Cydia (it still shows up there) I receive an error. Am I out of luck guys? Is a re-jailbreak in my future? I really appreciate any and all help, as I am going crazy over here. Thanks for everything!

Also, I can definitely give more info if necessary!
  2. Nickmadkiller

Nickmadkiller Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Try removing other Cydia apps you have.
  3. krillnasty

krillnasty New Member

Thanks Nick, I'll try deleting them now and let you know
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Hey Nick, I tried deleting the apps to no avail. I even went as far as re-jailbreaking the phone through redsn0w, hence re-installing cydia, and I'm still faced with the same issue. Any ideas? :-/ Sorry to be a bother, but I don't know where else to turn!

As a side note, I was preparing to restore my phone through itunes as a last resort, and it is telling me that I have the wrong build for the requested firmware (4.00.) I'm going to try to download 4.02, as it is what my phone had before I red-sn0wed it with 4.00. Although I'd love to not have to do this, it'd be nice to know how to get it working just in case. Once again, a million thanks!
  4. picklejw

picklejw Member

Device:
    iPad
    You have to navigate to /Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibrarys/ and remove the dylib of MyWi
  5. krillnasty

krillnasty New Member

Joe, while I'm absolutely certain this was not your intent (nor expected on my end) my iPhone has now entered a never-ending reboot cycle. I only deleted the file you described, and I have verbose boot in case there is anything in there that may help.

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. Nickmadkiller

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Well you're going to have to DFU restore.You can search around google on how to DFU cause I don't remember exactly how to DFU correctly.
  7. krillnasty

krillnasty New Member

Update: iTunes recognizes the phone if I put it into recovery mode, however as stated earlier due to the apple verification, I am unable to restore into anything other than 4.1 which cannot happen :-/
  8. Nickmadkiller

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    I would just go to 4.1.Theres really no other solution.
  9. Badd_Blood

Badd_Blood Well-Known Member

Can't you change it to what you had before. If you used cydia as mentioned then your SHSH should be saved on sauriks server. Change your hosts file and shift restore.
  10. krillnasty

krillnasty New Member

Hey Badd-Blood.
    I've tried shift restore, and it's been giving me the error. In Cydia, at the top of the screen it told me I had a pending tss request. From what I understand, this means it was not on saurik's server?
    I would update to 4.1, however from my understanding I will not be able to jailbreak/unlock.