Help recovering Ipod Touch!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by foxygrandpa, Aug 15, 2010.

1. foxygrandpa

foxygrandpa New Member

Hi, I know im new here and everyones probably like oh wow idiot lol, but I have searched and tried multiple things... Im having quite a bit of a problem recovering this touch though. Ive done a phone before no problem, but this is what is wrong with this..

-Usb device not recognized
    -Can't get into recovery mode
    -Can't get into DFU mode

the ipod is dead, I know it works though, it never happened until today so im not sure why it is now. Any help is greatly appreciated.
  2. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Try dfu again.
  3. foxygrandpa

foxygrandpa New Member

tried.. still nothing

Please Register or Log in to view images

I really dont think i could be doing it wrong either ive followed directions step by step about 50 times now lol
  4. daitem11

daitem11 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    take it to the apple store they can get it to turn on somehow then restore it for you. if its jailbroken they wont be able to figure that out till they turn it on
  5. foxygrandpa

foxygrandpa New Member

The closest apple store is about an hour and a half away... I feel like I can fix it I just can't figure it out lol. Before the screen goes completely blank for dfu or recovery (either or) it flashes dead battery and tells me to connect it to a charge. if this helps any...

*note it hasnt been jailbroken
  6. daitem11

daitem11 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    ohh let it charge overnight as now would be the perfect time in the morning pick it up and check it again then do to dfu restore and all. it would probably work then it jsut needs a while to charge if the battery got too low
  7. foxygrandpa

foxygrandpa New Member

well i killed the battery all the way down. It wont charge becuase the USB device is not recognized so now its not flashing to charge at all... I figured i would need a wall charger to charge it, im unsure about that though.
  8. David.

David. Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Are you absolutely sure you are doing DFU right? Check out some DFU guides for help.
  9. foxygrandpa

foxygrandpa New Member

yeah im sure im doing it right... Just a thought though, you think the reason its not getting recognized might be becuase im using a third party cord to hook it up and it might need some charge on it to work?
  10. daitem11

daitem11 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    ohh pshh that could be it apple is so picky about these kidns of things i wouldnt say go out and buy a 30$ cord maybe borrow one from your friend or something? and id say plug it in and let it cahrge overnight still if the batterys low enough it might not look like its charging when it really is