HELP! really strange ipod brick

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by nineinchnels, Feb 1, 2008.

1. nineinchnels

nineinchnels New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    okay, this is pretty urgent. (i have 1.1.2)
    tonight i was just messing with ipod, nothing special, just changing some stuff in customise. nothing out of the ordinary, when the screen goes black, and across the top of the screen there is a banner that says "Software Update"

i tried going home, putting ipod to sleep, and turning it off. NOTHING WORKS.

i have been stuck at this black screen for like 4 hours. i guess im waiting till it dies.

i dont want to force restore if its not necessary, so i figured i would ask for help on here first. i havent plugged it into my computer yet because i'm scared it will automatically update to 1.1.3. and i will lose all my apps.

PLEEASSE, someone help me. let me know if there is anything i can do to save myself from having to start all over.

any help would be greatly appreciated
  2. Blizzard

Blizzard New Member

Just force restore it, I've got a disk with both the firmwares just in case, and thank god you're on 1.1.2
  3. nineinchnels

nineinchnels New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    thanks bro, but im gonna wait for some more replies cause i really want to avoid restoring at all costs.

anyone???
  4. nineinchnels

nineinchnels New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    i fixed it.

thought my ipod died, but i turned it back on and it was all good.

scariest 5 hours of my life.