[HELP] Quickpwn Won't run

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by markmyself, Aug 21, 2008.

1. markmyself

markmyself New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I tried using the Quickpwn GUI, and it said "The application failed to initialize properly". Help?
  2. HaGGardSmurf

HaGGardSmurf New Member

Download the latest .net framework.
  3. Sekundes

Sekundes New Member

I'm having the same problem. I run the newest quickpwn in windows, and I keep getting an error message, something like "QuickPwn has encountered a problem and needs to close." I tried downloading the newest .net framework but that didn't help.

Any ideas?
  4. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Right click> run as administrator.
  5. Sekundes

Sekundes New Member

I'm running XP as an administrator. I don't think that's it.
  6. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

Make sure you've the latest .net firmware, that you've got at least XP SP2 (and maybe SP3 would be safer), and that you are absolutely sure the program is running as an administrator. Also exit iTunes, and let the program kill any iTunes processes.
  7. Sekundes

Sekundes New Member

I got the .net framework, I have sp3, I'm running on an account with administrative privileges (I even tried running windows in safe mode and logging into the set administrator account), iTunes is not running, and I've tried QuickPwn both with and without first killing all Apple related processes.

I think I'm going to have to just try it on another PC. Does QuickPwn work on Vista 64?
  8. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

No problems that I've heard of - not the one off blog.iphone-dev.org anyways; they compiled it to work with x64 as well. It still sounds like a weird permissions issue, if it can't run.