Help!!! Questions

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ag4wvu, Feb 12, 2010.

1. ag4wvu

ag4wvu New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    ok so i had a jailbroken 3rd gen 32gb running 3.1.2 All was well till i was playing around with cydia when my springboard crashed. That has happened b4 so i just thought clicking restart would solve it, well it didnt. I also had rock and icy installed and now none of them open they crash at startup. So what should i do if i restore i must update to 3.1.3 and therefore can't jailbreak. Is there any possible fix for this. P.S. i already tried redoing blackra1n that didnt help any. Thanks in advance.
  2. mangels09

mangels09 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Try reinstalling cydia, rock, and icy. If that doesn't work, you may be forced to restore. There still might be hope tho. If you were using Cydia, there is a good chance that your firmware ECID SHSH was stored to saurik's server. You can force itunes to restore to 3.1.2 by directing it to this server. How to do this is explained here. http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=276978
    Good Luck!
  3. ag4wvu

ag4wvu New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yeah but how could i renistall cydia if none of my jailbreaking apps open up at all.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Yeah but how could i renistall cydia if none of my jailbreaking apps open up at all.
  4. yohanns23

yohanns23 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    well in this case...if ur not sure whether cydia backed up ur ecid n shsh...you'll hav to put ur ipod touch in dfu mode n use ireb ..a program which backs up and stores ur ecid n shsh onto ur computer...then use a program called umbrella to trick itunes to restore to 3.1.2...search around a little bit on this forum for more info
  5. ag4wvu

ag4wvu New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Already Tried That

I used umbrella or w.e its called and it said unable to create ECID shsh for this device/firmware or sumthing of that nature so idk what else to do. I guess ill just restore and wait for 3.1.3 jailbreak. Thanks anyway though.
  6. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    aint icy discontinued?