Help. PSOD after blackra1n

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0 Jailbreak' started by caltemus, Oct 31, 2009.

1. caltemus

caltemus New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I recently downloaded 3.0 from a website and installed it. It worked fine and I started blackra1n and it put the ipod into recovery mode and then i got this.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I have tried holding down the power button and it is unresponsive. It is detected in windows but only as an unrecognized device. Is this fixable or did I just destroy this ipod. (It is an ipod 2G 8Gb)
  2. Gershmer

Gershmer Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The apple logo is still there. That is not a Purple Screen of Death.
  3. caltemus

caltemus New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    So what is it then and how do I fix it?
  4. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Let me get this straight, you ran blackra1n on an iPod running 3.0 that was pirated?

Well to be honest, this is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. blackra1n was intended for 3.1.2, not 3.0. Piracy is illegal. Please read notes on a tool before using it, otherwise stuff like this happens.

As for fixing it, try putting it into DFU mode and tell us what happens. Does the screen ever change to something or is it stuck on the patchwork Apple logo screen?
  5. caltemus

caltemus New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I don't think that the ipsw that i got was pirated, i paid $10 for it a little while back on the apple site. Also i thought that blackra1n was 3.0+, so it is only for 3.1.2? It won't go into DFU, none of the buttons do anything.
  6. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    If you paid for the original firmware, there is no need to download it from a 'website'. It will download for free through iTunes. No charges at all.

And blackra1n was intended for 3.1.2. Have a look at this page from The iPhone Wiki
  7. caltemus

caltemus New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It won't go into DFU, none of the buttons do anything.
  8. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Use the link in my signature, DFU is in the hardware. Unless it is more than a software problem, you should always be able to get into DFU mode.
  9. caltemus

caltemus New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ok. It booted up and seems to be working fine. So I should update to 3.1.2 and then use blackra1n, or is there a way to jailbreak it and keep it untethered on 3.0 (I have 7A341)

EDIT: I don't think I got it into DFU but just forced a reboot.
  10. helehole

helehole Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    lol the screen looks like one of my schools computers screen after i pressed a key into the USB port XD