[HELP] Problem with Ipod

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by haveau, Nov 25, 2009.

1. haveau

haveau New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok so I have my ipod touch (2nd gen 8GB) for quite a while now, it's also jailbroken for a few months already. But now I was on cydia last night & I had some updates that had to be downloaded. That's what I did, but when it was 'processing' a certain update of a file (can't remember wich one) my cydia crashed. After trieing it again my ipod touch crashed & now I can't start it back up.
    When I press the power button I can see the apple logo for max. 10secs & then it just crashes again.

I don't know how to reset it now or put it on normal settings, as I can't seem to connect it to itunes either.

Anyone knows what to do here?

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards,
    Kevin
  2. hazardc0r3

hazardc0r3 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I don't really know how to help you got but I have a 2g Itouch with 3.11 and I jailbroke it with blackra1n and it works fine.

If you somehow fix things just get blackra1n and get both cydia and rock and make sure the first app you get is this free firewall that they have out. I can't remember which.

Rock is a lot faster and more organized than Cydia though and I have heard if you use Rock your apps can be backed up or something like that.
  3. g0dless420

g0dless420 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Both Rock and Cydia apps can be backed up. Just search for APT Backup...HOWEVER...it doesnt save your apps like iTunes does. It simply makes a list of what you had, and you have to manually download them all again and configure your settings...because it doesnt save those.