HELP - Problem adding MP4 to iTunes Library

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by sLaV, Jan 14, 2008.

1. sLaV

sLaV New Member

Hi,

Great forum by the way...I'm having such a headache of a problem....Im using ImTOO iPod Video converter to convert my .avi's to MP4 and then transfer them to iTunes library to sync them up with my iPod...Some of the videos work PERFECT..but then I run into some that iTunes won't even load up into the library...I've been searching everywhere for an answer but still have nothing to go by...I was reading somewhere that it was due to the Tags of the file, so I downloaded the recommended software to remove these tags and still no fix.

Can anyone shed some light to my problem??

Cheers
  2. Eragon

Eragon New Member

What settings are you using to convert to MP4? For files in question, please provide the following info:

audio bit rate
    video bit rate
    video dimensions
    codec used
  3. tesna

tesna New Member

I just want to share my experience.

Last time I also got similar problem. I'm using videora and also can't add mp4 videos converted using videora & superconverter. The settings were H264, 480x320, 768 kbps. The videos plays fine in media player classic, but quicktime refuses to play it, it says bad atom was found in the movie or something.

Tried to change the settings to MPEG-4, 768kbps the videos succesfully added to library, but I got out of sync issues when played back on quicktime and ipod. I also tried uninstalling the codecs, reinstall, etc. I almost gave up with this.

But then when I almost gave up, I tried to convert videos in the XP running VMware (My main OS is Vista x64) The videos are suceessfully added to library! and it plays fine in the ipod (no out of sync issues), I even able to add subtitles in the movie!

For anyone running Vista x64, can you convert videos and played back on ipod sucesfully? If yes, what programs do you use? For thread starter, what OS are u trying to convert videos in?
  4. lvlln

lvlln New Member

I'm having the same problem. I'm using Total Video Converter, and have already successfully added one video using the settings I have, but the second video I tried to add simply won't get added to the library. I've tried using both the File->Add file to library and File->Import functions, but no go. iTunes won't even tell me why or what's going wrong.

I didn't have iTunes on my PC until I got my iPod Touch, and I gotta say, its reputation for being a piece of crap bloatware you have to put up with if you have certain models of iPods is all perfectly spot on.
  5. Walder

Walder New Member

iTunes is a pile of poo.
  6. xs220

xs220 New Member

having the same problem here. Any one has a solution?
  7. Jocke89

Jocke89 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    This might help.
    I had this problem once and it was some episode I converted and it had the normal name a episode would have for ex chuck.s01.e13.swesub.dvdrip... etc and I thought maby it is the name. so I changed the name to chuck 13 or something like that and itunes library got it emediately.

So try change the name of the mp4 file

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. xs220

xs220 New Member

I did that, still not working. Therr must be sumthing were missing...
  9. Jocke89

Jocke89 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Then I sugest to use another converting program, I use Any dvd converter professional
  10. xs220

xs220 New Member

well, i just converted it and it plays in VLC Media Player perfectly, but that darn iTunes thingey won't load it too. Quiktime also errors me, a 20223 sumthing error

Please Register or Log in to view images