Help! Possibly Bricked?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by crash91, Mar 31, 2010.

1. crash91

crash91 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    [SOLVED]Help! Possibly Bricked?

I think my iPod may be bricked. (iPod 2G, old model)
    First, a little background info:
    I just restored to 3.1.3 from 3.1.2, then I followed a guide on modmyi, which illustrated how to jailbreak 3.1.3 with redsn0w 0.9.4. In the guide (http://modmyi.com/guides/how-jailbreak-3-1-3-iphone-3g-ipod-touch-1g-2g-windows-os-x/) it said to select the 3.1.2 firmware for jailbreaking. Anyway, the jailbreak worked, and I enabled custom boot logo and verbose boot.
    The jailbreak worked fine, I installed a couple of utilities like sbsettings and scrobbl. I then rebooted. After reboot I installed the afc2add service, and it asked me to reboot. Now when I switch on my iPod, it shows the logo, and then it says something like:

"**VOLUME CHECK FAILED
    Failed to find /dev/rdisk0s1 (hfs) EXITED WITH SIGNAL 8, fsck failed!"

Then the iPod shuts down. I cannot enter recovery or DFU mode, because the above message shows (briefly) and the iPod shuts down.

Help!!!
  2. Samphotog

Samphotog Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    why did you update in the first place and if you are absolutely sure that you can't get into dfu i guess it is bricked idk you might get them to switch it out but i'm not sure with it saying that
  3. crash91

crash91 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I updated because of an annoying error I was getting, when I would boot my iPod, it would take ages, and then finally springboard would crash and go to safe mode, and then only worked when I used the option to restart it. I was also getting a "unable to allocate memory" error (in cydia and other apps), so I thought a clean start would be better.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Yay!!!! I managed to get into recovery mode, I had to use the alternative method listed here:
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2790
    Almost had a heart attack lol, restoring as we speak, this time I'm gonna use 3.1.2.
    I dunno what I would do without this forum....lmao
  4. one2many

one2many Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I LOL when I see this topics. You can't brick an iDevice.
  5. Samphotog

Samphotog Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    sorry for the bump but yes you can