Help: Possibly bricked iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by EnigMoiD, Jul 5, 2008.

1. EnigMoiD

EnigMoiD New Member

Help: Possibly bricked iPod Touch (Mysteriously Resolved)

Hey, this might be my first post here.

I installed a custom version of the 5a240d beta of firmware 2.0 on my pwned 1.1.4 iPoT, and everything was working fine until the screen suddenly shut off while I was browsing the internet. I can get it into DFU mode by holding the home and sleep/wake buttons for 5-10 seconds, then just the home button for 10-20, but iTunes 7.6.2 refuses to restore it (error 1601), and I can't pwn it since I can't get the iPoT into recovery mode, just DFU mode. The screen stays off through all of these processes.

Since iTunes, the ultimate fallback, fails me, I'm worried that I've completely bricked my iPoT. Is there a way to put my iPoT, in its current state, into Recovery Mode, as opposed to DFU Mode?

EDIT: I was holding down the home and sleep/wake button while the iPod was disconnected from the computer and it mysteriously started up. All my settings and webclips are retained, I just haven't gotten it to connect to iTunes yet.
  2. flyingguitar

flyingguitar Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Try holding home button for 30 seconds as you plug in the Ipot. Or put into DFU mode with Ziphone if you can.
  3. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    in order to restore from 2.0 to 1.1.4 you must still use dfu mode and restore with iTunes 7.5. I had a hard ims getting off of 2a345 and king chronic helped me to understand that little tidbit. Cheers!
  4. EnigMoiD

EnigMoiD New Member

With iTunes 7.5, both a regular restore and a restore to the 1.1.4 ipsw file failed. I got the same error (1601) with regular restore, and a new error (1) when I tried the 1.1.4 ipsw from file. The screen still stays off throughout all of this.

@flyingguitar: Do you mean hold the home button for 30 seconds before or after I plug in my iPod? I'll try both now.