Help! Possible broken iPod Touch 2G

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by oneofthefallen67, Mar 7, 2009.

1. oneofthefallen67

oneofthefallen67 New Member

So I've had my iPod Touch 2G since December 08, and I just jailbroke it within the last hour. Everything went fine, I downloaded two things from Cydia, and then went to download 'Tap To Unlock', which also you to tap your iPod/iPhone to unlock it instead of sliding the bar across. I downloaded it and touched the button that said restart device. The screen went black and now I can not get my iPod to turn back on. I've tried pressing the home screen button, holding the home screen button, pressing the top button, holding it, holding both, connecting and reconnecting from my computer, and even putting it in my iHome. I'm afraid that it's the worst of the worst, my iPod is broken, and to my understanding Apple does not repair nor replace jailbroken iPods.

If someone could please try and help me I'd really appreciate it, I use my iPod everyday to listen to music, play apps etc and I don't know what I'd do without it, I had gone already a few months without an iPod after my old one broke.
  2. LazyFunker

LazyFunker Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    You have to put it in DFU mode, hold power and home button for 10 seconds, then release power button and continue holding home button for another 8 seconds. Then u can download decovery tool to boot it. here is the link for it: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144030 You must download the semi thing
  3. oneofthefallen67

I told you, I tried that. NOTHING happens. It doesn't even make the two noises on iTunes it's supposed to make.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    OMG IT WORKED. Thank you dude! I had tried it a few times already but I guess I wasn't holding the home button down long enough for the second time, thanks!!!
    Well I do have a little problem still. Before iTunes wouldn't even have an iPod in the left sidebar, but now after doing that it shows up. But, it doesn't know anything about my iPod and says 'Software for this iPod is not currently available. Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes and try again. Oh and my iPod still hasn't turned on, it's now just been located by iTunes. Well, at least there's hope, I'll check back in the morning I'm really tired, thanks again.
    One more thing, the jailbreak I did was 'tethered', so I think maybe that's what had to do with it? Here's the vid I used for it and the links for the programs I dled are in it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Uy00QsBO2c
  4. LazyFunker

LazyFunker Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Then its one problem, u have to rejailbreak it... when u did jailbreak it u didnt configure it as a new ipod in itunes
  5. oneofthefallen67

I thought I would have to rejailbreak it...haha ok thanks, and yes I DID configure it as a new iPod in iTunes.
    Well I re-jailbroke it and it seems to be working fine

Please Register or Log in to view images

now to try that touch to unlock again...