[HELP] Possible brick??

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by ziqi, Apr 12, 2009.

1. ziqi

ziqi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi all. I jailbroke my ipod touch using cywood about 2 months ago. My ipod's version was on 2.2.1. Yesterday it ran out of battery and I've never gotten it to start up since then. The screen is completely pitch black no matter what I try to do with it: DFU mode, usb-ing into my laptop (usb device not recognized), Quickpwn doesn't recognize it too. I tried plugging into another computer but it still says usb device not recognized. Does anyone have any ideas how to solve this problem?
  2. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

Leave it plugged in for a while... I find that it takes a while to boot up after its had its battery drained to critical levels .

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Renteura

Renteura Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Not bricked.

Plug it in to a wall charger for a while and then dfu it again.
  4. ziqi

ziqi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey thanks for the replies. Unfortunately I tried plugging it into my usb for one hour and tried to dfu and on it again. Nothing happened. Then I tried wall-charging for 2 and a half hours and tried to on it and to put it into dfu mode again. Nothing happened. When I pressed the home and power buttons for 10 seconds, the "usb device not recognized" pops up again. I'm at my wit's end.

And btw, the whole time while i was usb and wall-charging, the ipod touch's screen was still pitch black.
  5. JayTraceur

JayTraceur New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Cyw00d is tethered lol, put it in dfu run libUSB and then run the last 5 steps of Cyw00d again.

Zigi- Its not bricked if your computer picks it up as a USb device. Try putting it in DFU properly. Hold Home And Power for 10 Seconds, Then release power and continue you holding the home button for a further 8.
  6. ziqi

ziqi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok one quick question. How do I know whether the iTouch is in dfu mode? The screen is always pitch black and after holding the home and power for 10 seconds, the "usb device not recognized" pops up, released and held the home button for 8 more seconds, the "usb device not recognized" pops up again. Oh and all the while the cable was connected to my laptop.
  7. JayTraceur

JayTraceur New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You need to install libUSB and have iTunes open to verify its in DFU

Edit: Btw you dont let go of the home button you hold the power for a total of 10 seconds and the home for a total of 18.
  8. ziqi

ziqi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yupz did exactly that. Installed libusb, opened Itunes, and attempted to put it into dfu mode. Held home and power button for 10 secs, "usb device not recognized" pops up, let go of power button while holding on to home button for 8 more secs, nothing happens. Silence from Itunes. Though while holding onto my ipod i felt a little vibration coming from inside. Felt like the hardware was doing some work. But still, nothing happened.

9. JayTraceur

JayTraceur New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well basically your stuffed. Enjoy your new cup holder.

Well i suppose you could download a DFU helper tool, just search around teh forum because i can't be bothered to find one as i don't need one

10. Jim Ver

Jim Ver New Member

stay to hold the home botton till you see another message