help plz

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by grago92, Jan 23, 2008.

1. grago92

grago92 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    all right guys this is what happened, wheneever i installed a new app the installer sent me back to the main menu and the app icon didnt show up so i decided to reinstall installer but now i cant use installer becasue when i tap the icon it sends me back to the main menu, what can i do??? i cant restore because i would upgrade to 1.1.3 as well.
    any suggestions??? plz.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. doom_monkey

doom_monkey New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'm not sure how you could fix it without restore but I do know that u can restore to any firmware as long as u have the file on ur pc
  3. grago92

grago92 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I had 1.1.3 but then I downgraded to 1.1.1 using iphuc then my friend chris asked me to do rye same thing on his iPod but when I entered entertwcovery I tunes always opened and it didn't work omg what would happen if I press shift restore and then select the 1.1.1 would that work???
  4. bk83

bk83 New Member

ok i know how to fix it. you have to ssh into your ipod and set the whole installer app to permissions "755" then after you have done this search ifans.com for installer disk space. the reason that it was just closing out because you didn't have any more disk space for apps even though your ipod still has memory left. So search that and follow the directions
  5. grago92

grago92 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    do I have to set installer to 755 0r instaler and all the apps?
  6. SUPERBXD

SUPERBXD Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    on itunes Shift Restore and open 1.1.1 firmware and that should restore your ipod to 1.1.1 . then reinstall the apps using installer . im guessing dont update installer yet its only beta.
  7. grago92

grago92 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    on itunes Shift Restore and open 1.1.1 firmware and that should restore your ipod to 1.1.1 . then reinstall the apps using installer . im guessing dont update installer yet its only beta
    there is an easier way but thanks tough.
    ok i know how to fix it. you have to ssh into your ipod and set the whole installer app to permissions "755" then after you have done this search ifans.com for installer disk space. the reason that it was just closing out because you didn't have any more disk space for apps even though your ipod still has memory left. So search that and follow the directions
    the permissions already were 755 and i checked the way to get more space but the problem is that instaler wont open xD so i guess im kinda screwed up, anything i can do?? Edit:if i ssh into my ipod and erase some apps from there, would that free some space????