help pls: how to find out how much your 2nd gen touch was used

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mikemymike, Sep 2, 2009.

1. mikemymike

mikemymike New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    hello
    i`m from a 2nd world country. i want to buy a 2nd 8 gig gen ipod touch from a friend.(i can`t afford a new one)
    1how can i find out how much did he use that ipod touch?
    2how much does the battery of an ipod touch last? (how often do i have to replace it)?
    thank you. i am very very grateful
  2. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    1. You cannot find how much he used it in terms on Days/Hours/Minutes. A good indication is the condition of the iPod. If it is battered it probably has been used for a while.

2. The battery info, you can find it here. Please take note that replacing the battery is not like slipping in 2 AAs. It is complicated. If the battery life degrades over time, take it to Apple.
  3. cOde0010Joy

cOde0010Joy Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    look for the serial number then check it in apple's site if it's still under warranty. if your didn't buy apple care (for extended warranty) then the warranty period is a year. if its no longer under warranty then surely it was bought more than a year ago (but if it's a 2nd gen then it should still be under warranty 'coz it was released september last year, if im not mistaken). I think you'll see there the remaining time for the warranty, just do the math

Please Register or Log in to view images

To check the serial number, in the ipod, go to Settings > General > About
    then go to this link: click me! then just fill up the form
  4. iBoss™

iBoss™ Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch