Help Please

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Assault, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Assault

Assault New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Today I decided that I was gonna charge my iPod up. It died about a couple of days ago, but I've been too busy with work and what-not to recharge it, or have much time to listen to it. So anyways, I plugged my iPod in. Just like last year, it isn't the same computer that I have all my stuff stored on for it, but it works just fine to charge it... So I let it charge for a couple minutes, then I finally get it to come on. As it comes to the unlock screen, it gives me this message:
    "iPod is disabled. try again in 4557300 minutes." That might not be much time to many of you guys, but I'd rather not wait 75,955 hours before using my iPod again.
    Could this be solved by just putting it in restore mode, then reloading it? I don't really do much on it, except my mail, and music. It's jailbroken on 1.1.4, but I really just have a wallpaper, and some apps to say "Yea, it's jailbroken".
    Or should I say forget it, and carry out with, that I wanted to buy a second generation iPod either way?
    Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help.
  2. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    If you put the iPod into restore mode, it will work, but you will have to restore it. Good luck.
  3. Assault

Assault New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yea, I've restored it before due to jailbreaking issues. It doesn't really bother me that much this time, as I was just thinking today about buying an iPod Touch 2nd Generation, and restoring my old one, and letting my brother use it, if he wished to have an iPod Touch. But, I guess that I'll probably just restore it. Kinda pisses me off.
    Btw, does anyone know what would cause the iPod to do this? There should be no reason for that to have happened.