Help please!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.5 Discussions' started by philip99, Jul 16, 2008.

1. philip99

philip99 New Member

hello i am new to all this hacking and stuff and was just wondering if someone out there could help me...
    my ipod touch is on the 1.1.1 firmware. i have jailbroken it and have installer installed. i was wondering if i update my ipod to the new firmware from itunes if i will lose all of my music etc... also how do you update installer? i want to get GBA games on my ipod touch but can not find iShare on the installer list and believe it is because it is the older version... please help! thanks!
  2. sucram6791

sucram6791 New Member

ur music will still be there once u have updated but if u use itunes u will get 2.0 and u wont have installer anymore
  3. philip99

philip99 New Member

k... so is there a way to update my ipods firmware without losing installer? and how do i update installer?
    thanks!
  4. AngelSynth

AngelSynth Banned

installer will update on it's own...

IF you upgrade to 1.1.4, then you can use a program called "ZiPhone", or "iLiberty" to put installer on it

Please Register or Log in to view images

any other questions? feel free to ask, welcome to ipodtouchfans

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. philip99

philip99 New Member

thanks. do u know why i can not find iShare on installer? it is supposed to be under "Productivity". i need to download it so i can get the GBA ROMs and have tried everything i can think of... i found the website where i can download it on the computer but dont know how to get it onto my ipod lol. thanks again!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    the link is...
    http://www.sendspace.com/download_ishare.html
  6. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    1. iTunes will offer to backup your music if you restore. If you're worried, back it up manually.
    2. Installer can be updated through the application itself. If there's any available Installer updates, you'll find them under the Updates tab.
    3. GBA Roms from iShare can be placed on your iPod touch by using SSH.