Help, Please.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Kyle Maurer, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Kyle Maurer

Kyle Maurer New Member

I have attempted to Jailbreak my iPod Touch (8GB).

I got to the part where you type in your IP, it timed out and I got stuck with a 300MB iPod, I than put it into restore mode, holding the sleep/power button thing.

I go into iTunes, click restore, download the file than, It gives me an error saying it can't restore my iPod, Error (-50).

Do any of you know a way to restore it, I have reinstalled iTunes, reboot, etc..

Do you have a solution?, or Know what error 50 is?
  2. Kyle Maurer

Kyle Maurer New Member

3. Rawd

Rawd New Member

If you are that desperate, search the forum. (-50) error has come up only a couple of hundred times in the last month. You are not the first.
  4. TheRays

TheRays New Member

5. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Put your iPod into recovery mode (also called a forced restore) ans start over. This time, before you JailBreak, make sure to write down the correct ip address.

Assuming that the ip address you have installed is correct, then it seems most likely that you didn't correctly install SSH.

However, you can avoid all of this if, once you restore, you go to one of the one touch Jailbreak sites. That is, there are now sites that take care of everything. You don't have to do a thing. A quick search on this forum should reveal a couple of them.

Try typing in jailbreakme, for example.
  6. Kyle Maurer

Kyle Maurer New Member

Sorry, can you provide a link, I can't Search for some reason, im very sorry.
  7. SkylarEC

All the links you need are already provided in this thread.
  8. Kyle Maurer

Kyle Maurer New Member

No, you don't understand!!! I have it in that mode, connect it to iTunes and it wont let me restore due to error -50! AFTER I HAVE DONE THAT!

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. SkylarEC

If you enter recovery mode that error won't come up. That's why it's called a forced restore, because you are forcing iTunes to restore the iPod.

1) While connected to the computer and iTunes is running, hold down the Sleep and Home buttons
    2) Keep holding both buttons until the iPod turns off and back on again.
    3) Once the apple is back on, release the sleep button while making sure to keep holding the Home Button.
    4) ~20 - 30 later, the Apple logo will change to iTunes + cable. That is your cue to release the Home Button.

iTunes will detect an iPod in "Recovery Mode" and will ask you if you want to restore it. Click yes.
  10. Kyle Maurer

Kyle Maurer New Member

Yeah, and when I clicked yes it gave me an error, lol.

Anyways... I fixed it I booted my computer like 20 times reinstalled iTunes, and some other things, and got it working again.

[Topic Resolved]

Though, I think its a great community here, I will stick around!