iOS 4.0 Help Please...

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by riky2709, Jul 27, 2010.

1. riky2709

riky2709 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    So my friend has an IPhone 3g with a broken power button. She was using it as an Ipod(with an old-inactive simcard i think)but one day her child was playing with it and somehow locked it or something and she asked me to help her since shes not good with computers but the thing is that i cant unlock it because when i slide the slider it takes me to the emergency call thingy not the enter your passcode thingy.
    I tried restoring to see if i could fix it but when i connect it to itunes i get something like this: "Itunes couldn't connect to Iphone because it's locked with a passcode. Enter the passcode on the Iphone" but like i said before i cant enter my passcode.
    I thought that maybe i could put the Iphone in recovery/DFU mode(not sure which one) and then restore but again the power button is broken so i cant do it.

Any one have an idea on how to fix this or how to enter recovery/DFU mode without the power button or something to help me fix with this IPhone??

Thanks...
  2. peebrian202869

peebrian202869 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    There is a program to get you into DFU mode, but not a full hardware DFU mode, though that shouldn't matter, it's on this site somewhere...
  3. JakeMan

JakeMan Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I would say DFU restore, but you can't. If you have an Apple store near you, I say take it to them and they should be able to help.
  4. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    What if it's not under warranty?
  5. JakeMan

JakeMan Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I don't know then.. I've never heard of the program that gets you into DFU but I'm sure it's out there. Google has all the answers.
  6. dydo

dydo New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  7. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Google has mystical powers!

On-topic:

What does the DFU program "do" to your iDevice anyways? How does it get you in "DFU" mode?
  8. riky2709

riky2709 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I tried it but it didnt work for me, i pressed place my IDeice in DFU mode but it juts opened command line for a few seconds and then closed it again but my iPhone didnt enter DFU mode...
  9. riky2709

riky2709 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Well after hours of trying to find a solution i decided to try using a flat-end screwdriver(again) and push it with all my strength.
    I was so pissed that i didn't care about the iphone, i was gonna push it with everything i got and didn't matter if i messes it up even more.
    So yeah i tried it and guess what??
    it actually worked xD i used the screwdriver to turn off the iphone and then i put it in recovery mode. Then i restored with Itunes and then used the screwdriver again to put the iphone in DFU mode to jailbreak/hacktivate it.
    So yeah i was finally able to fix it (although now you can't even see the power button, it's like all the way down xD)
  10. FaL LeGeNd

FaL LeGeNd Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    You could have put it into recovery mode....All you would have had to do is hold down the home button and plug it in while still holding the home button...but hey, whatever works, works

Please Register or Log in to view images