Help please!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ShAdY_rEcOrDsS, Jul 21, 2010.

1. ShAdY_rEcOrDsS

ShAdY_rEcOrDsS New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hey!
    err well, 2 days ago, I listened to music with mi iPod touch 3g 32gb and It was all well, today, I plugged in my earphones (apple in ear earphones with remote + mic) only to find out I was hearing from one headphone (problem solved) and that the music wasn't coming out only from the one earphone, it was coming out from the speakers too, so I listened from the earphones and the speakers and my remote + mic weren't working and when I raised my volume with headphones on it usually says (headphones) now it doesn't and the volume doesn't go up from the earphone
    I tried it up with and iPod touch 2g 32gb and a iPhone 3g 16 gb, and my earphones were recognized, how can I fix this without taking my iPod to apple ??? Please help !!
    btw, I'm upgrading to 4.0 with the tethered jb guide I found in this forum, I'll notice if that fixes my problem

thanks in advance
    ShAdY_rEcOrDsS
  2. samw40

samw40 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Hmm... it could be your head phones not working, but if they work with other devices I'm not sure. Make sure that they're plugged in completely and try cleaning out the headphone hole (sorry, I forgot the technical term!) so there's no dust or lint. Then try another pair of headphones or earphones to see if they work. Hope it helps! Tell me if not.
  3. ShAdY_rEcOrDsS

ShAdY_rEcOrDsS New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    weird, I tried out another headphone I have (sony) and they worked perfectly fine, while the apple earphones (which the problem I had of one earphone audio only I fixed, metallic mesh is dirty or something) doesn't work, and I tried them with and iPhone and another iPod... I'm going to try them again
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    weird as hell... now the apple earphones work!
    I'm so happy but... it's just so weird
    well, thanks for your help, I really apreciated

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. samw40

samw40 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    That is strange... glad it works now!
  5. nojbonmyip:(

nojbonmyip:( New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch