Help please

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by amandureja, Apr 20, 2010.

1. amandureja

amandureja New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Okay guys listen now here's the problem. I have had my iPod Touch 32GB 3 Generation MC model since October 2009. The problem I am having is that if the iPod is locked and I press the home button, I need to press it 2-5 times for the lockscreen to show. It shows up instantly if I use the power button though. What I'm thinking is that is this an issue? It kind of bothers me, but the point is - is my iPod messed up? I'm thinking that it may be something about the power, with the iPod not being turned on (locked) and so the home button takes a while to respond to get the lockscreen. It works perfectly in normal use though, only VERY RARELY i'll have to press it twice to exit an app. So try it on your iPods or iPhones and tell me what happens. This issue mostly happens when my iPod has been locked for about 5 minutes but sometimes I try instantly after locking the iPod and i need to press the home button 4 times for the lockscreen to show up. Should i worry?

By the way, I am jailbroken Blackra1n tethered (if thats any help to you).
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Woops sorry for the double post but sometimes it does work perfectly for the lockscreen to show up I just tried and it worked but mostly it does not. And this problem just started occuring less than a week ago. AND I REALLY DO NOT WANT TO RESTORE!!!
  2. yanks111890

yanks111890 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    My guess is that the contact under your home button between the exterior and interior of you Touch has shifted a little bit. It happened to me and I opened up my iPod and moved the little white tab back, opening the case up using an easy open tool I got when I replaced my digitizer. However, I don't recommend this for the faint of heart lol.

If you are under warranty I would bring it to Apple and they will replace it. I assume you are seeing a you bought it last October. Just make sure you backup because they will most likely just replace it. And restore before you take it to them
  3. amandureja

amandureja New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Thanks man but the thing is that I really depend on my iPod Touch.
    I use it everyday so i don't really want to take it back to apple and all that.
    Even if they do replace it I WILL LOSE MY JAILBREAK
    I am too young for a job to get money for apps
  4. yanks111890

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    This is true. I mean if you are willing to risk taking it apart let me know and I will dig up the guide that is on here. It's not to hard, but one wrong move and the battery good be severed or Wi-Fi gone. You would have to be really careful.
  5. amandureja

amandureja New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Okay sorry for the weird reply but i was in a hurry.
    so basically now it is working in like 1 or 2 times of pushing the home button.
    and about the job thing - i still got 2 years
    and i really can't bring it in to apple because my dad will get all pissed off about me "breaking" the thing in under a year trust me he will.

so could this be a power flow issue like i mentioned earlier?
    is this happening on any of your ipods?
    it doesn't really make any difference with closing apps and things like that, but i will say it annoys me to hell if something is wrong with it and i know what it is

Please Register or Log in to view images

curse my habit of everything having to work perfectly

Please Register or Log in to view images

thanks a lot "yanks111890" but i really don't wanna lose my jailbreak and risk opening my baby?!!??!? No Thank You. But i really do appreciate your help in this matter and your ongoing support for my problem.

Thanks alot!
  6. yanks111890

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I have had this problem and my friend has too. What most likely happened is that there is a little white button directly under the home button that makes the connection between the button and the sensor.

IDK if it is glued down or not, but either way your's got loose. What happened is that it shifted under the home button so when you put pressure on the home button at certain points there is no contact below it so it does not make the connection to the sensor telling it that the home button has been depressed.

In your case it is very minor right now, but it could get worse. I mean if you can press around the edges of the home button and find out where it responds and where it doesn't. This way you can always press the same spot and it should work without fail.

Unfortunately, the contact could completely move out from under the button and the button will stop working all together. You will know when this happens when you press the home button and there is no click sound.

Like I said, if you can't handle it then you really only have the two options I mentioned. Just explain to your dad that getting it fixed if free and not your fault. Also, use SSH to backup all your jailbroken themes and such
  7. Logitech1

Logitech1 New Member

lets go yankees
  8. amandureja

amandureja New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yo guys thanks ALOT for all your help. The thing is though that I know it's not the sensor or white button contact thingy because the button makes a click no matter where I press it. The problem pretty much only occurs when the iPod is locked for more than about 5 minutes. Still thanks for your help but more opinions from other people would really be appreciated.
  9. yanks111890

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Not saying I'm 100% right but just because it clicks doesn't mean that it makes contact with the sensor. Anyway no problem we are all here to help. Maybe somebody has had a similar problem but those are my experiences with a home button issue
  10. amandureja

amandureja New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Ok actually if I press the home button DIRECTLY AT THE VERY RIGHT CURVE NEAR THE TOP it doesn't click :O BUT it still works WTF?!?!?! Anyways, I'm
    fine for now but I want to know what's really causing this problem :S
    Alright so did u get your iPod replaced?
    Ok I was wrong it doesn't click when I press it on ANY of the parts where it curves so I know it's in the middle (the sensor thingy) so WTF Is happening I'm so confused?!?!