Help Please

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bl00dr4g3, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Bl00dr4g3

Bl00dr4g3 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hey,

I am getting an iPhone 2g from a friend and the bottom of it is unresposive so i cant unlock it unless i really try...So is there anyway to unlock it without the slide to unlock?? Or is it possible to move the slide to unlock to a different location (like a the top)??

Thanks in advance..

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    There's no sense in having the iPhone if you can't slide to unlock, you need it to read text's, answer calls, unlock, you need it for anything - I'd get this fixed!

Then again, it's an iPhone 2G... Not trying to be rude, I wouldn't even bother with it. Save your money, get a brand-new 3G or 3G's online or wait for the 4G to come out. Simple as that, then if you really want this iPhone get it repaired... Costly though, even if Apple still has the ability or motivation to repair a 2G.

Other then that, as far as I know you can't unlock it any other way. On one of the themes I have, Vista Mobile, you don't have to slide it, just touch it basically and it unlocks, sucks though if you get a text and your phone's in your pocket and your walking or going up stairs... It reads it, and you forget to check it.
  3. Bl00dr4g3

Bl00dr4g3 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch

I really want it. And i wont be using it as a phone for the first few months i will be using it as an ipod...Plus, i will be fixing it(im good at fixing things without help) when i get enough money for the tools and the digitizer to do so...Also, buying it on ebay is crazy and ive tried. I saw one for 99 cents with 4 minutes left and by the last minute it was 200 dollars....and i can unlock it but it just takes a few tries because its a little unresponsive..
  4. 42395_skyline

42395_skyline Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    if its a little responsive use tap to unlock. that should unlock it easy and quick. dont need to keep trying to slide it. just tap that

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. Bl00dr4g3

Bl00dr4g3 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    its a little unresponsive so tap wont work...only sliding using your whole thumb will work..
  6. 42395_skyline

Device:
    iPhone 6
    if slide works then tap will work better. because once it feels your finger it will unlock. with slide you need to keep your finger on the screen and slide across.
  7. Bl00dr4g3

Bl00dr4g3 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yea but the tap doesnt work on the unresponsive part... i dunno why. and the items on the dock ( when you unlock it) dont work either because you have to touch them...
  8. 42395_skyline

Device:
    iPhone 6
    uhhh... thats retarded lolz dont buy the phone dude. dont be that desperate for an iphone. buy a good one.
  9. Bl00dr4g3

Bl00dr4g3 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    too bad.. im buying it ..remember my plan that you made for me?? well im sticking with it. And the plan is amazing so..and everyone is like dont buy it! but they dont know my plan..