Help please?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kealakehedragon, Jun 1, 2009.

1. kealakehedragon

kealakehedragon New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So my iPod touch is running firmware 2.2.1. I use a Macbook running version 10.4.11.
    Here's the problem:
    I jailbroke my iPod using the terminal app, and after I installed a theme along with video wallpaper and the five column springboard, things got really laggy. I had read that if I re-jailbroke it without first restoring, the lag effect would disappear.
    I re-jailbroke it, but this time I got stuck on the "downloading jailbreak data" screen for about 20 minutes. Then my display went back to the apple boot logo, and a spinning circle came up which lasted about a half hour until the screen flashed white and the boot logo came up again.
    When I enter DFU mode and try to restore it a message box pops up in iTunes which reads "The software for this iPod is not currently available. Please make sure you have the most recent version of iTunes and try again."
    This does not add up because I have iTunes version 8.1.1. I even tried downloading the 8.2 beta, but I get the same result.
    I have since reinstalled version 8.1.1 of iTunes and now it wont even read my iPod.
    I really need help!
    I've looked very hard for a solution, but this hasn't seemed to have happened to everyone else.
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
  2. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    You cant just rejailbreak... you have to restore and then rejailbreak...

Restore using the link in my signature, and then rejailbreak.
  3. kealakehedragon

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yeah recovery mode dosent work either
  4. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member

You need to hold option and click restore, then select the firmware file from /Username (your username)/Library/iTunes/iPod Software Updates
  5. kealakehedragon

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    THANK YOU!!!
    it worked like a charm.
    i love you.
    haha jk, but in all seriousness thanks a lot