help please

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by decastro95, Apr 4, 2009.

1. decastro95

decastro95 New Member

alright so i tried to jailbreak my ipod touch 2g using quick freedom yesterday
    everything went well. i created the custom firmware. put it in dfu. did the prejailbreak thing
    then after that i shift click to restore to the custom firmware but then i get error 1604.
    i switched usb ports and tried again to do the restore
    still get the same error
    then i unistalled itunes and reinstalled it but still got the same error
    after many unsucsessfull tries i decided to try to restore to the normal firmware
    as it was extracting my ipod screen turned white just like the prejailbreak except this time it i didnt do the prejailbreak and i was trying to restore to the normal firmware.
    is that normal? can anyone help me please
  2. 42395_skyline

42395_skyline Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    try puting it on official firmware (if not on it already) and try another GUI like redtool or just use unofficialsn0w. im not sure if its normal but who cares. just jailbreak it and no worries

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. RainbowKT

RainbowKT New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ur in dfu mode correct?
  4. decastro95

decastro95 New Member

yes i am in dfu mode
    as of right now when i turn my ipod on it shows the connect to itunes logo so yeahh
    then i try to restore to like the original firmware once i get it into dfu then as it is in the process the screen turns white
    i do not know why but while trying to do the prejailbreak process on quickfreedom i messed up a couple of times so i am not sure why it goes white

edit:
    i restored to factory settings i am stupidd sorry guys thanks for your time and help as of right now i am just restoring from backup and i guess my ipod is back to normal bcuz it is not just at the logo thing so yeahh thanks