help please

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Cast Touch, Feb 28, 2009.

1. Cast Touch

Cast Touch New Member

my sister accidentaly throw my ipod into the water and i dont know what to do please help
  2. Sinderberger

Sinderberger New Member

Put it in a bowl of rice maybe for a week i heard someone say that worked. You probably going to have to return your ipod and get a new one...
  3. kevin1st

kevin1st Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    DO NOT TURN IT ON. place it in bowl of rice for 2-3 days to absorb the moisture. when that is done shine a light into the headphone jack. if u see white then ur fine if it doesn't turn on but if u see pink then hold your breath while u turn it on and hope it boots.
  4. pegaxs

pegaxs Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Beat your sister over the head and teach her a lesson about looking after other peoples things and get her to replace it.

The rice thing is ok if you cant get your hands on any silica gel. Silica gel comes in those little white paper packets inside the box of new electronic devices or shoes for some reason. It works about 1000x better then rice. But the advice about not turning it on it 100% correct. You need to get it dried out. How long that takes depends on how long it was in the water. If it was in the water for 1 second, then it may be ok. If it was in there for over a minute, then you are going to have an issue. Was it salt water or fresh water ? as that can make a HUGE difference.

Another way to help dry it out is to gently heat it up with a hair dryer while it is in your rice bowl. (dry rice by the way... unlike my friend who cooked up some rice and tried it) Or you can put it in a plastic bag, put a hand full of rice or a few bags of silica gel you found earlier in the plastic bag, seal it up and leave it out in the sun. If the inside of the bag gets foggy, it means the water is comming out.
  5. Icey37

Icey37 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    LOL!!!!

i have never had this problem cause im self consious? about lending my things to people i have my ipod touch with me at all times hehe

let her replace it!
  6. Cast Touch

Cast Touch New Member

well my problem was that my sister tooki ti and she keep it in her poket so she went to the bathroom and then i herd de flush but like a second later she said nooooooooooooooooo
    when she get up of
    the
    f***ing sit and then she took it out really i dont know if it has sh*t she says that she flush it before then she get up

really im mad
  7. Cast Touch

Cast Touch New Member

I have good notice it has booooooooooooooooot and now is untethered JBen