1. McMastaFee

McMastaFee New Member

well my school blocks alot of sites and when i try to use the AIM app it blocks it from connecting....does anyone know of any sites or apps that will let me get on something like AIM. Something that has SMS ability
  2. 0xjf

0xjf Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    this has absoluetly nothing to do with the 2g jailbreak. but anyways. try to find out your school's html proxy code.

(Example: 10.30.238.74
    Port: 8080) (This is my school's html proxy thing.)

just ask anyone at your school who is tech-savy and would know that sort of thing. good luck
  3. McMastaFee

McMastaFee New Member

once i find the proxy code, what do i do with it?
  4. rmbell

rmbell New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    open settings. go to wifi networks. click the arrow next to the schools wifi network to go into the advanced settings. on the advanced settings page scroll to the bottom.

on a computer on the network, open a command prompt, and type 'ipconfig' without the quotes. it should say something about a proxy. if that doesn't list anything, open the internet browser and look in the settings.

now just punch in the proxy ip address into the 'manual http proxy' settings on the advanced screen on the wifi networks page that you navigated to before. the proxy may require authentication which is usually the same login name / pass used to get onto the pc.
  5. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    because that has anything to do about the jailbreak.....