HELP please

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by Bitschkat, Nov 30, 2007.

1. Bitschkat

Bitschkat New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok yes, im a newbie to all this... anyway, im getting my ipod touch 2moro, i wanted to know would this work.
    using this guide to " Easiest jailbreak ever - no computer required! (For 1.1.1)"
    Code:
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5887
    than when jailbroken use this guide " GUIDE: 1.1.1 to Jailbroken 1.1.2"
    Code:
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8678

would that successfully give me a jailbroken 1.1.2 firmware ipod touch?

if so, from their how do i install 3rd party apps?
  2. Jadaar

Jadaar New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Since you're getting the touch tomorrow, it is going to come with the 1.1.2 firmware already installed. You will need to downgrade. This guide will help you do that.

the jailbreak will install the installer.app that is where you'll need to download oktoprep for the 1.1.2 jailbreak. It's also where you get all the other third party apps. Search the forums for sources to add to the installer. There are guides for that as well.
  3. Bitschkat

Bitschkat New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    a) whats a source lol
    b) im totally new to all this - its like another language to me, so is this correct ~ downgrade to 1.1.1, use the online jailbreak to break the 1.1.1, than GUIDE: 1.1.1 to Jailbroken 1.1.2?
  4. Jadaar

Jadaar New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    A source is a web address that is added to the installer that allows you to download files hosted on that "source."

Yes, the process you outlined is correct. When you get the chance, read through lots of different threads. There is a boatload of information on these forums. Also, there is a link in my signature to the ultimate guide, it can answer a whole lot of common questions and offers a lot of information.
  5. Bitschkat

Bitschkat New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok, i understand how to get my touch to firmware 1.1.2 jailbroken, and install winSCP, but from their ive no idea on how to install apps/games and anything else. and does iTunes still work the same after being jailbroken?
  6. rossiposse

rossiposse New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    but look first to itunes if your ipod is really 1.1.2 already
  7. Jadaar

Jadaar New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    iTunes works perfectly fine after the touch has been jailbroken.

Jailbreaking the touch automatically installs an application called "installer." the installer application is what you use for all of your third party needs, apps, games, etc. To use, launch installer, let it refresh its sources, click on install on the bottom of the screen, look through the categories to find what you want, select it, and then click install. Once you close installer, your springboard will restart and your new application has been installed. Enjoy.
  8. Bitschkat

Bitschkat New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    what about new apps that people make? i mean thats how you install the ones that come bundled, but what about ones that you download?
  9. Jadaar

Jadaar New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Most people will add them to the sources, again there are many more that can be added. The sources are updated frequently and if there is something that you want that isn't on installer, take some time to do some research on the forums. All of your questions have already been answered In other threads.