Help!!!! Please!!!! [with 2g jailbreak]

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by 2ndGen8GBowner, Apr 9, 2009.

1. 2ndGen8GBowner

2ndGen8GBowner New Member

I have an iPod touch 2g (obviously) and I want to jailbreak it. The problem is 1) I'm not very computer savvy, but that the least of my worries since my brother is rather computer savvy 2) I have wireless Internet at my house ad a (crappy, old) laptop, a Dell Inspiron B120, and it has no wireless card, therefore no Internet. All things Internet related are done with my iPod using the wifi at my house. So, as far as I know, I can't jailbreak my iPod. Now, there are other,Internet capable, computers in the house, but I can't use these because my dad has banned me from downloading anything onto either his laptop or his desktop. I was banned because his laptop (with Internet) has had to be totally wiped twice because of me and my idiocy (downloading stuff that I supposedly needed for games; VIRUSES!!!). If there is any way I can still jailbreak my ipod short of using another computer, I would love to know it! Thanks for the help!
    P.S. This entire thing had to be typed on my iPod. And now my eyes and thumbs hurt...
  2. David.

David. Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    You can download/install QuickFreedom OR Download the BETA QuickPwn on a friends computer.
  3. chavanak

chavanak Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Well if your problem is internet, then I don't think anyone can help you. Your best bet would be to ask your dad to download quickpwn since it does not need a ipsw. Both quickfreedom and redtool need ipsw to proceed. So find a internet connection (ask dad/friend/internet parlour) download quickpwn and run it on the old laptop.
  4. 2ndGen8GBowner

Ok. Thanks. I'll have to get my brother to do it. My dad still trusts him with the computer(s). I appreciate the help.

I'm gonna assume there's not cuz it's to early in the jailbreaking process, but is there a way jailbreak without a computer? As in, directly from the iPod itself, like there was for he 1g? I had a 1g that I had jailbroken without a computer, but it got stolen... Anyway, I've been looking everywhere for a wireless jailbreak but haven't found anything legit. I guess just PM me or reply if anyone finds something that works without a computer. Thanks again.
  5. G8D

G8D New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I really don't think it's possible to jailbreak locally on the iPod alone :/
  6. redsn0wshoes

redsn0wshoes New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    it was possible, back in the 1g days, to use a script or something from a website with one of the earliest versions of the iphone OS to jb the iphone/ipod touch, but they closed up that exploit, post haste. So i'm pretty sure its impossible on the 2g.
  7. 2ndGen8GBowner

Ok, I finally got internet on my laptop (not wireless, just hooked up to router with ethernet cable) but then when i plugged my iPod in iTunes wouldn't recognize it. I went to update iTunes but i couldnt. My bro said my laptop doesnt have enough RAM. So, my question is, do I need to have a working version of iTunes to use QuickPWN? I tried Unofficialsn0w but I would have needed iTunes.
  8. Ipwnnubletz

Ipwnnubletz Banned

Your bro's an idiot, even if it has 32MB of RAM it would still be able to detect the iPod. Try rebooting the lappy.
  9. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Lol, I agree with nubletz.
    And why couldn't you update iTunes?
  10. 2ndGen8GBowner

Idk... It just didn't finish downloading the update. It said 100% done but nothing happened. I guess I'll just try again. Thanks for the RAM help.

EDIT:Ok. iTunes update worked.

EDIT: Woo! iTunes recognized my iPod! Thanks! Now I can finish the QuickFreedom jailbreak. But I have some questions/issues (yeah, i know, wrong thread, deal with it)
    1) I can't get my iPod into DFU mode (white screen). It just puts it into restore mode or something (shows the screen it shows when you turn it on immediately after unboxing) I've got no clue what I'm doing wrong. I followed the instructions that QuickFreedom gave and it didn't work.
    Thanks for all your help guys!