Help please!! Very new to the whole thing.

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by Pasdao, May 22, 2008.

1. Pasdao

Pasdao New Member

I purchased an I Touch for my son and got it today. I was successful with the jailbreak via Ziphone method. After the break I loaded a few games through apps for him. I know how stupid I was now by not finding instructions on what to do next. So we trouble shot some things and took some information from this site and loaded most of what everyone said we needed. The only thing we could not find was OPEN SSH. Everything we have done seems to be working fine but he wants the ability to download youtube videos and we can not figure out how to do it. So we have read for hours and find it may have something to do with the SSH we could not find and we also have looked to find MX tube under everything in apps with negative results. Can anyone help my son because I am at wits end.

Also thought we should uninstall everything we have done and start over following the great guides posted here but do not want to unless we have messed it up beyond repair.
  2. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    did you install community sources? and openssh should be a package in installer
  3. Pasdao

Pasdao New Member

As I said I am very knew at this whole thing. Tried to search but did not understand most of what I read. I did just read a post by fatboy and it said that SSH was installed during break and to look for it in uninstall. I did and it is there. Sorry for the trouble but We have community sources installed. So how do I get MXTUBE????? Thank you in advance
  4. carpz

carpz New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    go to the sources tab in 'installer' and click edit, and then add and type this in http://iphone.sleepers.net/repo.xml
    once it is done refreshing, search for mxtube and you should be able to find it.
  5. Pasdao

Pasdao New Member

Thank you so much!!!!! My son did it . We installed it and now he is trying to find out how to use it. If a dum guy like me would have just found all of you experts sooner my day would have been so much easier. Thanks all of you for letting me give my son a great surprise graduation(8th grade) gift. I am in you debt.
    It takes so long to type he figured it out and is a very happy kid. Again thanks all!!
  6. dabomb1022

dabomb1022 Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    pm me for tons of cool apps!
  7. carpz

carpz New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Yeah, just any one of us here at iptf, we are all glad to help!
    I'm glad to hear you got it working.
  8. Bondomination

Bondomination New Member

were you still looking for the Open SSH app?
    or do you not need that anymore?