Help! PLease read...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Kiet nguyen, Oct 18, 2008.

1. Kiet nguyen

Kiet nguyen New Member

Ok i just got a ipod touch Gen one, and its version 2.1 . My brother just gave it to me, i had to pay him 210$ 16 gb. It jailbroken and everything. The only problem i have is that when i go to installer some of the programs in in different language i cannot read them, Can i remove them and get new packages? like english. And when i went on youtube on how to get Themes and like that, they siad to get Summer Broard but i only saw winter board.

And i dont really get the whole installer and cydia? how do i contine to get packages? the latest ones? what is all these things for and such.

I know sources are needed to get new packages, but i cant find any sources

So please help ty.

And i was wondering is it possible to have a photo slide show for your unlock page? Like having every photo in your photo album to slide? on the front wallpaper?(the unlock page)
  2. JonnySK

JonnySK Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey, Welcome to the forum

Okay, to get rid of other language packages, open installer, go to sources, and delete any sources that resemble a different language.

Summerboard was for 1.1x firmwares, WinterBoard is the new, more powerful theme manager for 2.x firmwares, so winterboard is for you (winterboard supports summerboard themes, so its all good.)

To put it simply, Cydia and installer are kinda like the app-store, except the content is un-official. It lets you install various tweaks, homebrew apps, themes for your ipod, stuff that isn't "available" from apple. Its very simple.

Here is the thread with a list of all the Installer/Cydia sources

As for the slideshow thing you talked about...i haven't heard anything that can slide through your photos on the lockscreen - sorry mate.

Anyway, hope this helps

Please Register or Log in to view images

Need anything else just ask
  3. Kiet nguyen

Kiet nguyen New Member

wow that was very helpful! thank you so much!
  4. JonnySK

JonnySK Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    No problem.