Help Please! Need to replace broken Ipod Touch.

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by Chantel, Sep 21, 2009.

1. Chantel

Chantel New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I have an Ipod Touch that came with a 1 year warranty and it has now been about 6 months. I accidentaly dropped it in the toilet. So afterr that I tried every thing to try anddry it out but nothing will work.

I then called Apple and told them that I wanted to get it replaced and I sent it there and they sent it back because they saw that it was water damaged. I am now thinking about going to my local Best Buy store, from which I ordered it from online and see if they will replace it because of the warranty. Does anyone have any ideas for me to get my ipod replaced? Please Help!
  2. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Hi there,

The iPod has a water detector inside of it (near the headphone port) which changes color when wet. Even Best Buy will know this.
  3. Chantel

Chantel New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    They won't replace it if it has water damage?
  4. fckinfamous

fckinfamous Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
  5. Chantel

Chantel New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Why wouldn't they if I have a one year warranty??? I don't understand. And if not a new one, why not a refurbished one, i don't mind as long as I have one that is working.
  6. dietchrist

dietchrist New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    No one covers water damage because its considered user negligence. When I was at RadioShack a crafty guy went online and found a water sensor to replace the one in his cellphone. We still didn't cover it because he obviously opened the housing but best buy might let you do that much. Or if you had the replacement plan (not manufacture warranty) just tell them it wont start and they usually replace it on the spot.
  7. Chantel

Chantel New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thanks, but is the replacement plan included with the ipod, the warranty that comes with the ipod?
  8. Mosaic

Mosaic Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    If your iPod has water damage, you have no chance of getting it replaced.
  9. Chantel

Chantel New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ok. but instead of just telling me what I can or can't do, how about some suggestions please?!!! I need help. Perhaps websites that contain cheap prices for fixing an ipod touch.
  10. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    You could check out http://www.ifixit.com but you kind of have to know what you are doing to fix an iPod touch. The point is: water damage sucks! Your 1-year warranty that is given to you when you buy an iPod does not cover this whatsoever. It's the worst kind of damage you can do to your iPod because other issues often land you a replacement iPod.

Bottom line: not much you can do.