help please! my ipods gone off the wall

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by Sur-ipod, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Sur-ipod

Sur-ipod New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi
    i need some help with me ipod.
    my ipod is jail breaked and i wanted to reset it to factory settings.
    when i tried to do this on itunes it started resetting but then all of a sudden itunes closed itself and my ipod was left the same. I then tried to do it again but i tunes said "the mobile device for your ipod is not activated" How do i activate it?
    As a last resort i went to the ipods general settings and erased all the iformation from the ipod and was meant to take from 2-3 hours to delete everything and be on factory settings.
    Now everything is deleted but the ipod has gone off the wall. i cannot control it. the screen just goes on and off and when it does go on the Apple symbol appears with the loading sing, and then just turn off, and later does the same againg, in about 30 seconds intervals. Its been going on like this all night. What should i do?
    Also when i connect it to my computer nothing happens, nothing that indicates that the computer recognizes that it has any device connected and i tunes does not recognize anything either, the ipod just goes on and off. And i have already tried all my USB ports to see if it works and used different ipod cables.
    Please i need help urgently!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. bucky345

bucky345 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    ive been having the same prob with my comp and itunes not recognizing my iphone. Put ur ipod in DFU (hold home and sleep button 10 seconds untill screen goes black) and unplug it from your usb cable. Then Reboot ur ipod back up and when screen pops up plug it into computer and u should hear the doo-dee. Ur computer will recognize ipod. Then try and restore ffactory settings throu itunes.
  3. Sur-ipod

Sur-ipod New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    thanks

thanks, but it still hasnt solved my problem.
    i did what you said and the ipod goes off, but then i try to reeboot it but nothing happens. so i just connect it to the computer, but nothing happens the computer does not recognize it neither does itunes, all that happens is that the backlight on the ipod goes on and some times like every 30 seconds the Apple symbol appears.
    thanks anyways.

Please Register or Log in to view images