Help Please =/ My iPhone isn't turning on

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Akskater009, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Akskater009

Akskater009 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Okay, so I had dust under my screen, and seeing that in 14 days I will be getting the iPhone 4, I thought "why not try to remove it." So I did seeing no harm at all from doing it. I performed it perfectly and exactly how it was in the videos I watched. After, I turned it on, and it was just stuck at the Apple. I rebooted it, and then I was brought back to my days of 1.x.x and I got the spinning wheel on the Apple logo screen. So I put it into DFU mode and attempted to restore it. It didn't work the first time, It resulted in a white screen. I tried again, and when I woke up in the morning, it was at the please activate iPhone screen (my SIM was in my other phone).

I put the SIM into the phone, walked upstairs, and when I got there, the phone wouldn't unlock again or power on.

I come back from school today, I hold the power button, it turns on, and it stays at the Apple logo. I shut it off (plugged in) and it just turns itself on again and then after about 13 seconds, fades into a white screen.

Any help at all?

Thanks,
    Alex

EDIT: Also, I cannot put it into DFU mode or Recovery mode anymore because it boots up when I shut it off... =/

EDIT2: I just got it into Recovery mode and, after reinstalling ALL Apple software on my computer, I am going to attempt to restore it.

EDIT3: After attempting to restore from Recovery mode, my iPhone makes fun of iTunes by not allowing it to be "prepared for restore."

In other words: iTunes was on the stage of "Preparing iPhone for restore" for about 5 minutes, then the iPhone reboots back into recovery mode, and iTunes yells this at me:

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. canesfan

canesfan Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    try recovery mode..when its off hold the home button while plugging it in.
  3. Akskater009

Akskater009 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Did not work. Updated thread. ^^^
  4. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You can always put a device in DFU mode, you're just not doing it right. Follow a tutorial on youtube with the timings shown, its the simplest way of doing it.
  5. picklejw

picklejw Member

Device:
    iPad
    like bsd (blue screen of death) wsd (white screen of death) lol... try DFU mode... it DOS show the apple logo before the white screen right?
  6. Akskater009

Akskater009 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Yes it shows the apple logo. Again, I said I was unable to enter DFU mode (Which I have done MANY times in the past including yesterday)

I hold both buttons, and once it shuts off I wait about 3 seconds, hold the home button, then the device turns on... That's not supposed to happen, and I cannot fix it..
  7. SpoonIsTooBig

SpoonIsTooBig Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    try a different pc... maybe a mac

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. Akskater009

Akskater009 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Right now, I wish I had a mac to try it...