Help Please Jailbreak!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by snorbitzz, Jan 1, 2008.

1. snorbitzz

snorbitzz New Member

Hello and a happy new year to all!!
    I'm a brand new user of this site and i really want some good reliable help PLEASE!!!!
    I've got an ipod touch and i would really like to know if by jailbreaking it, it will sort the volume problem out on a UK version of touch?
    I've done a little homework and am a little unsure as what to do.My firmwear version is 1.1.2,i've read that i might need to downgrade to version 1.1.1,how true is this?
    Why do apple do this on the UK versions of touch,i'd have thought they would use a global standard!!!!! QUITE SILLY if you ask me!!!!!

thank you very much for any advise.
  2. -LB-

-LB- New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
  3. Ranger

Ranger New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Stop double posting. You posted this just a couple of treads down.
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20101

Yes you have to downgrade to 1.1.1
    Follow the link in my sig to the tread that has the videos on how to downgrade, jailbreak 1.1.1, prep and upgrade to 1.1.2 and then jailbreak it.

And use the search button.

-LB-, not sure the admins here will like you spaming your forum here. We have people who have worked hard to make guides and videos for this forum. They did not do that to have you come and link off site to your own.
  4. -LB-

-LB- New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    I wasn't spamming at all.

I've edited my post anyway.
  5. Chuckie099

Chuckie099 New Member

Hi Guys,

It looks like SNORBITZZ has the same problem that I do... Got a Touch for Christmas, its pretty cool although its a European model and the volume is capped which makes it way too quiet (other problem is you cant use it with skii gloves on so its gonna be cr*ap on the slopes!)

I am about to follow the, very concise, instructions given by ipodtouchmaster in his youtube vids (currently downloading v1.1.1)in an attempt to jailbreak v1.1.2.
    However does anyone know if once its jailbroken the volume cap can actually be removed and does anyone know how to do it?? I dont really care about hacking or running other apps, i think the Touch is over specced anyway, all I want is irresponsibly loud, banging tunes like the old days!!

any help would be most welcome.