Help please!! ipod won't restore!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ircmaster, Mar 2, 2009.

1. ircmaster

ircmaster New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Hey, so I recently used the semi-tethered Jailbreak to Jailbreak my ipod touch 2g and it worked fine everything was fine and dandy, installed winterboard and all that secks but then I went into Cydia to look for something and Cydia froze. The weird thing is, the ipod itself didn't freeze, only the app, I can still change the volume, plug it in, etc and it even showed up and stuff. So I was like whatever, and turned it off to try and reboot. Then all it does is show me the Apple logo and it stays there so I went into recovery mode and went to restore the ipod but when I press on "Restore" iTunes says "Software for this iPod is not currently available. Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes and try again." The weird thing is I have the newest version of itunes which I downloaded like a week ago (8.0.2.20). I don't know what to do. I'm reinstalling iTunes right now and will edit the thread with the results.

If anyone can please help me with either booting the ipod normally or restoring it to factory settings I'll be their best friend forever :]

EDIT: I'M THE BIGGEST STUPID FACE EVER, RAPE ME WITH A SHOVEL.

Put it in DFU mode (or whatever you kids call it nowadays) then used this program to boot it into Jailbreak mode and now it works. Please close this thread I'm an idiot. And I'm sorry if you had to read all of that text just to get down to this spot to see that it works now

Please Register or Log in to view images